Preparion time – 3 hours
Cooking time – 40 minutes
Served time -20 minutes
Today I share south Indian dish medu vada pav is a traditional Indian cuisine served with coconut chutney and vegetable samber as a popular breakfast in most of the Indian restaurant. The process of making hotel style vadas at home is not difficult once your know the trick to get the perfect consistency of batter .
- 2 cup urad dal
- 2-3 green chili finally chopped
- 1/2 table spoon ginger paste
- 1 tea spoon black peeper crushed
- 5-6 curry leaves finally chopped
- Pinch of Asofoetida salt (hing)
- 2-3 table spoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tea spoon cumin seeds
- Take a large bowl. Then put 2 cup urad dal in a deep pot.
- Wash it 2-3 times in water and then soak it in approx. 3 cups water for 5-6 hours. Don’t soak it for more than 6 hours. If possible, use whole skinned urad dal instead of split urad dal.
- Drain excess water from the dal and transfer it to mixer grinder.
- Grind untill the batter is fluffy and have smooth texture sprinkle few drops of cold water while grinding to grind it smoothly. Don’t add too much water while grinding .
- Transfer batter in a bowl and beat it using your hand for 1-2 minutes in one direction.
- Vada paste is ready after then add 1 finally chopped ginger, Green chili, 1/2 tea spoon cumin seeds, 1 tea spoon crushed black peppercons, 5-7 chopped curry leaves, a pinch of Asofoetida, 2-3 table spoon chopped coriander leaves and salt. And mix well.
- After then medu vada pav paste ready .
Process to making crispy medu vada pav
- Firstly take a pan on a medium flame and heat the pan .then heat oil medium flame.
- Then wet your plam with. Take medium lemon sized portion of batter on your palam it gently and make thick round shaped vada, and make a whole in the center using your thumb.
- Then put vada in pan for frying ,then wait few minutes after then vada color side light brown.
- Then crispy medu vada pav is ready .crispy vada pav served with coconut chutney and samber .
Tips to surved
- Crispy medu vada pav served with coconut chutney and sambar.
- It’s eat with red sauce.
Crispy medu vada