Flattened rice commonly known as chira, is rice which is flattened Into flat, light, dry flakes. From western Indian, poha, made from flattened rice, is an easy to cook nutritious snack. It is often eaten for breakfast or brunch. Add extra zing to poha by serving it with mint -coriander chutney. It’s easy to cook and easy to make.
Poha us kind of dishes everyone like it, if kids,young,old.
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Green Thai chillies slit leng thwise
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetide (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 15 curry leaves
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, raisins (kishmish)
- 1/2 cup toasted dried coconut slices
- 2 cups flattened rice (also called beaten Rice kosher salt)
- 1/2 table spoon sugar
HOW TO MAKE (PROCESS)
- Firstly use a heavy thick bottomed pan and kadai (whatever you can use ) and put on low flame.
- In quick succession add the mustard ,cumin ,and fennel seeds. Stand back to avoid splatter. Stir until fragrant and the seeds pop, about 30 second, and green chilies, asofoetida (hing) , turmeric powder, and curry leaves. Stir untill frogarant, about 1 minute .Reduce heat to low
- Add cashew, peanuts, coconut, slices, fry till the cashew turns,golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add raisins (kishmish) and stir to combine .add flattened Rice, salt and sugar and stir very gently untill the rice is totally coated yellow with the flavoured oil, and nuts.
- Remove from heat, spread on absobent kitchen towel and cool. Adjust seasoning if needed. Store in an air tight container in a dry place for up to 2 month
Heavy bottomed cast iron skillet
- It’s very healthy and quick to make
- There are some things which is healthy for body like:- almond , cashew, raisins , peanut, coconut etc.
- It very healthy and give benefits to our body.
- You can store easily.
- Easy to take everywhere you want to travel.
- Every age of person like it.